Temecula, branded as Southern California’s wine country, is most known for its award winning wineries, panoramic vineyard views, historical Old Town, and home of Pechanga Resort and Casino. What one may not know is that the City of Temecula also hosts a cluster of prominent medical distribution/supply and biotech/biomed companies. |
These businesses have been attracted to Temecula for a number of reasons including our highly skilled labor force, top notch K-12 school system (which ranks 10th out of all school districts in Riverside, Orange, and San Diego counties), close proximity to San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange Counties, quality and affordable housing, and an exceptional quality of life. The City of Temecula is also committed to providing excellent, expeditious, and clear guidance to companies located or planning to locate here throughout the development process, whether constructing a new facility or leasing.
It is with these attractive qualities and high level of customer service that businesses are drawn to Temecula. Projects such as our regional mall expansion along with the continued planning and construction of brand name hotels have given Temecula continued strength even during these slow economic times. Biotech companies have also continued to develop and grow within the City of Temecula.
With the building of a new facility, a 520,000 square foot parking structure, and a pedestrian bridge spanning 110 feet across Ynez Road, Abbott Vascular has expanded its presence in Temecula and Temecula is now the second largest Abbott operation in their global portfolio. Abbott Vascular remains the largest corporate employer in the City. Abbott Vascular manufactures a wide array of products to treat cardiovascular disease, they make the world's best selling drug eluting coronary stent here in Temecula.
Professional Hospital Supply (PHS), one of the nation’s oldest regional suppliers of medical and surgical supplies, has expanded in Temecula. PHS’ hospital supply system streamlines the hospital supply process and distributes medical products to hospitals and alternative care facilities. PHS recently constructed a large office and warehouse expansion of over 600,000 square feet in size located on 84 acres.
Other biotech companies such as Millipore (biopharmaceutical manufacturing), Golden West Biologicals (distributor of essential raw materials), Isomedics (sterility industry leaders), FFF Enterprises (biopharmaceuticals distributor), and SurgiCount Medical, Inc. (computer assisted safety-sponge system) have continued to grow and thrive in Temecula.
As Temecula continues to build its hive of success, it attracts those who demand this high quality of life. With a median age of 31.42, average household income of $89,115, and 69.58% of its adults 25 & over having attended some college, Temecula’s residents (both residential and commercial) continue to push for civic excellence.
The City of Temecula welcomes biotech companies to explore both the beauty and the brains of our city and what we have to offer. For additional information on the biotech industry within Temecula, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 951-506-5100 or email email@example.com.
Professional Hospital Supply
- Distributor of medical products to hospitals and alternate care facilities.
- 41980 Winchester Rd.
- Contact: John Augustine, CFO
- Distributor of biopharmaceuticals, plasma products and vaccines.
- 41093 County Center Dr.
- Contact: Patrick Schmidt, President & CEO
- Development and manufacture of cardiovascular medical products
- 26531 Ynez Rd.
- Contact: Damian Halloran, Divisional Vice President, Worldwide Manufacturing
Millipore Bioscience Research Reagents
- Provider of products and services that improve productivity in biopharmaceutical manufacturing and in clinical, analytical and research laboratories.
- 28820 Single Oak Dr.
- Contact: Lily Fulton 514-4293 Sr. Human Resources Generalist
- Contact: Tracey Erwin 514-4322 Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Isomedix (Steris, Inc.)
- Develops & creates products that prevents infection and contamination in critical environments where the highest levels of sterility are required.
- 43425 Business Park Dr.
Golden West Biologicals
- Distributor of essential raw materials from raw sera to purified antigens, antibodies and protein powders.
- 27625 Commerce Center Dr.
- Contact: Doug Goens VP Operations