Fire Official Sean Dakin announced that they will be lighting back fires today (11/1) near Palomar Mountain at the Poomacha Fire. As a result there may be visible flames from the Temecula Valley today and significant smoke may also be present in the area.
The Fire Department has a large amount of air and ground resources to manage this backfire to avoid it spreading.
There are no immediate threats to the Temecula Valley and Fire Officials will continue to keep residents and the City informed. There are NO Evacuations for the City of Temecula. Only the Police Department and the Fire Department have the authority to ask you to evacuate.
For information we recommend you visit Riverside County Fire at http://www.rvcfire.org/
Please check the following information before returning to your home in San Diego County : San Diego Emergency Information
The FEMA contact number for homeowners, renters and business owners to apply for disaster assistance for losses or damage from the fires is 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or they can apply online at: www.fema.gov.
- Temecula Community Recreation Center
Location: 30875 Rancho Vista Road, Temecula, CA Map
Closing Thursday, November 1, 2007
FIRE INFORMATION HOTLINES
- Riverside County - (951) 940-6985
- San Diego County - (619) 590-3160
- San Bernardino - (909) 881-6950
- San Diego Evacuation Information - (858) 565-3465
- LACounty Fire Call Center (323) 881-2411
- Orange County Emergency Call Center - (714) 628-7085
- CalTrans for Road Conditions 1-800-427-ROAD (7623)
- Temecula Citizen Hotline (951) 506-5111
FIRE ASSISTANCE CENTERS
Centers are open seven days a week, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Fallbrook Assistance Center
Fallbrook Community Center
341 Heald Ln.
Fallbrook, CA 92028
- Ramona Assistance Center
Ramona Community School
1710 Montecito Rd.
Ramona, CA 92065
- Rancho San Diego Assistance
900 Rancho San Diego Pkwy.
El Cajon, CA 92019
ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION