We are challenging YOU to swim 100 miles in just ONE YEAR!
Lap Swim just got exciting... Keep track of how far you swim each day at lap swim on the 100 Mile Swim board. If you complete all 100 miles in one calendar year you receive a 100 Mile Swim t-shirt so you can proudly show your accomplishments to the world. Scroll down to see how it all works.
||12 and up (must be able to swim multiple laps)
||No cost to participate - You must pay the Lap Swim fee
||CRC and CHS during Lap Swim hours
| START DATE
||January 2, 2013 (program restarts every year)
||See the lifeguard in the tower and ask for a registration form.
Once you have filled it out and turned it back in to the lifeguard
you may add your name to the 100 Mile Swim board.
How it Works
- To register, ask a lifeguard for the registration form and return it to them. (On or after the start date).
- Once you register, you can add your name to one of the 100 Mile Boards.
- The board is where you will be able to track how far you swim each day (instructions are on the board).
- Once you complete all 100 miles you will get your free t-shirt.
- To get your t-shirt, just ask the lifeguard before or after their shift.
- All laps must be completed in a City of Temecula pool during lap swim hours.
- Lap Swim fees do apply, but there is NO cost to participate in the program.
- Laps must be completed before the last day of the year for them to count.
- Cheating is strongly frowned upon.
- Bragging (when finished) is strongly encouraged.
100 Miles is...
From the CRC to Santa Monica Pier!
400 times around a track!
Down and back a football field 880 times!
and 7,040 lengths in the pool!
100 Miles in the Pool:
Here is what 100 miles means when you are swimming it in a pool...
100 miles = 176,000 yards
Our pools in Temecula are 25 yards long, meaning that from one end to the other is 25 yards. If you swim that distance it is considered swimming the length of the pool. If you swim from one side to the other AND back, that is a lap and is 50 yards.
One length = 25 yards
One lap = 50 yards
So when swimming your laps for the 100 Mile Swim in one of the City pools:
100 Miles is... 176,000 yards which is 7,040 lengths OR 3,520 laps!
|THAT'S A LOT OF SWIMMING!|
Tom Cole - First finisher!
Congratulations to all our finishers last year!
Tom Cole - FIRST finisher!
A few of the finishers from 2012.
If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact us.