The Riverside Transit Agency (RTA), www.riversidetransit.com , provides bus service to the City of Temecula and throughout Riverside County.
For schedules and fares please call (951) 565-5005.
RTA routes have been designed for your convenience. In most instances, one route can serve your trip needs. On occasion, you may need to take more than one route to get to your destination. If you’re having trouble planning your trip, please call the RTA Customer Information Center at (951) 565-5002.
Attention Jurors... are you serving on a jury in downtown Riverside and not sure where to park?
Park for free at the Riverside Heliport, and ride RTA Route 50 into downtown Riverside and the Justice Center (PDF). And if you're a juror, just show your badge and ride for FREE!
Commuter Express buses are available so you can leave your car at home and enjoy a stress-free ride to your destination. Several buses offer movies, cushioned and/or reclining seats, tray tables, and laptop connectivity.
RTA Routes and Schedules: Riverside County Current Route Schedules (PDF)
Route 23 (Temecula-Murrieta-Wildomar):
1. County Center Drive
2. Winchester and Nicolas
3. Vista Murrieta High School
4. Rancho Spring Medical Center
5. Murrieta Walmart
6. Kalmia and Jefferson
7. Murrieta Valley High School
8. Skyview Ridgeanda Apartments
9. Inland Valley Hospital
Route 24: (Temecula to Pechanga Resort to Temecula Walmart)
1. Temecula Walmart
2. Pechanga Resort
3. Temecula Stage Stop 6th and Front
4. Temecula Library
5. Margarita and Rancho California
6. County Center
Route 79: (Hemet-Winchester-Temecula)
1. Temecula Stage Stop 6th and Front
2. County Center Drive
3. Promenade Mall
4. Winchester and Nicolas
5. Southwest Justice Center
6. Winchester and Pouroy
7. Simpson and Winchester
8. Hemet Valley Mall
Route 202: (Murrieta-Temecula-Oceanside Transit Center)
1. Oceanside Transit Center
2. Town Center North
3. Park-N-Ride Lot 19 I15 and Hwy 76
4. Promenade Mall
5. Murrieta Walmart
Route 206: (Temecula-Murrieta-Lake Elsinore-Corona Metrolink)
1. Promenade Mall PNR
2. Murrieta Walmart
3. Elsinore Outlet Center PNR
4. Corona Transit Center
Route 208: (Temecula-Murrieta-Sun City-Perris-Moreno Valley-Downtown Terminal)
1. Promenade Mall
2. Los Alamos and Whitewood
3. Cherry Hills and Bradley
4. Perris Statiom Transit Center
5. Moreno Valley Mall
6. UCR Lot 30
7. Riverside Downtown Metrolink Station
8. Downtown Terminal
The first step in planning your trip is to decide the starting point, where you want to go, and what day and time you want to travel. The RTA system map will help you determine which route or routes you will take. The route directory on page 24 can also help you determine the bus route(s) that serve several key locations throughout the county.
Once you have determined the route(s) you need, follow these simple steps to plan your trip:
1. On the route map, locate the beginning and ending point of your bus trip.
2. Locate the time point closest to your beginning and ending bus trip location. Time points are indicated on the route maps by a number inside a circle.
NOTE: Each time point on the route map has a corresponding column on the timetable. Not all bus stops are indicated on the map and there are many bus stops between each time point.
3. Find the column on the correct timetable that corresponds with your selected time point. Be sure you are using the timetable for the correct day of the week and direction of travel. Read down the column below the time point to find the time closest to your desired departure. Time for stops between time points can be estimated by adding the amount of time it will take the bus to get from the previous time point to your stop.
(Source: Riverside Transit Agency)