September 7, 2013 9:00am to 2:00pm at the Murrieta City Hall parking lot, 24601 Jefferson Avenue. (This event is for Riverside County residents only and event will close during inclement weather or other hazardous conditions.)
Click here for more information
Before transporting waste to the collection event or facility, please use this checklist to make sure you have done the following:
THIS EVENT IS FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY. PHOTO DOCUMENTATION WILL BE MADE OF EXCESSIVE OR SUSPECTED NON-RESIDENTIAL LOADS COMING TO EVENT.
- Are any of the containers leaking? (If they are, place them in a container or material that will not allow the leak to spread and place securely in the vehicle for safe transport.)
- Is the waste in its original container or is it properly labeled as to the contents? (The contents of the container must be the same as stated on the label. If not, cover up the label and write the name of its content.)
- Have I offered good, usable products I can’t use to my neighbor, family or friends?
- Are the items placed in a sturdy container, such as cardboard or wooden box, for transporting? (Wrap glass bottles in newspaper to prevent breakage.)
- Does the amount of waste I want to transport exceed 15 gallons or 125 pounds? Each load must not exceed up to 15 gallons or 125 pounds (per trip)
- Is the box placed in the trunk of your car or in the bed of your pickup truck and secured to prevent movement? (Keep items away from passengers.)
- Have I used up every product to the fullest extent possible?
The following waste CANNOT be accepted at ANY Riverside County HHW collection facility: Ammunition, Asbestos or other Remediation Waste, Compressed Gas Cylinders Greater than 40 pounds Explosives, Infectious or Medical Waste other than Home-Generated Sharps, Radioactive Waste, Non-Residentially Generated Waste, Waste Generated Outside of Riverside County. If you have any of the above wastes please call (951) 486-3200 for assistance.
*Chlorine bleach *Nail polish remover *Deodorizer/Air freshener *Shoe Dye *Disinfectant *Toilet, Tub & Tile cleaner *Mercury devices
*Aluminum cleaner *Floor care products *Ammonia *Furniture polish *Oven cleaner *Drain opener *Microwave Ovens *Rodent poison
*Caulking *Paint latex/oil based *Photo chemicals *Gun cleaner *Paint stripper*Varnish *Fiberglass & Epoxy Resins *Paint Thinner/Turpentine *Wood preservative *Glue
*Fertilizer *Moss Killer *Fungicide *Slug and snail poison *Insecticides - Pesticides *Weed killer/herbicides *Aerosol cans
*Antifreeze *Engine degreaser *Transmission & Brake fluid *Common Batteries *Gas, Diesel fuel *Fluorescent Tubs/bulbs *Carburetor cleaner *Motor Oil *Chrome polish *Oil filters
*Artist’s paints *Kerosene/lamp oil *Rug cleaner *BBQ propane tanks *Lighter fluid *Sharps *Car Batteries *Moth balls/flakes *Spot remover w/solvent *Flea powder *Pool/spa chemicals *Electronic Devices
* Common Batteries - AA, AAA, C & D Cell and button batteries (e.g. hearing aid and watch batteries). Automotive type batteries are not Universal Waste. When they become waste, they are regulated under a different law.
* Fluorescent Tubes, Bulbs and Other Mercury- Containing Lamps - Fluorescent light tubes and bulbs, Hi Intensity discharge (HID), metal halide, sodium and neon bulbs.
* Electronic Devices - Televisions, computer monitors computers, printers, VCR’s, cell phones, telephones, radios, and microwave ovens.
* Mercury-Containing Devices - Thermostats, switches, thermometers, dental amalgam, pressure and vacuum gauges, novelty items, counterweights and dampers, and medical devices known as dilators.
* Non-Empty Aerosol Cans that Contain Hazardous Materials. (Labeled Toxic, Flammable, or Corrosive)
To learn more, visit the Riverside County Waste Management website here or call (800) 366-7283